- School traffic safety team manual Teachers in charge of organising school patrols for 2014 can download this comprehensive manual designed for use in conjunction with the police training programme.
- Māori language guide to road safety education Mahere huarahi is the reo Māori version of a guide to road safety education resources. Case studies show road safety supporting the curriculum.
- New English curriculum resources Your students, creative thinking and our roads. Read more about two new curriculum resources for secondary English, aligned to the NZC and NCEA.
- Memorial Park teaching resources Photos, videos, audioconferences and learning activities from the first virtual field trip to Memorial Park are now available. Read more.
- Secondary teaching in newsletter Read the latest newsletter for examples of integrating road safety education into the curriculum.
Teachers and families will find resources and support on road and rail safety on this website created by the NZ Transport Agency.
Curriculum resources are easy to adapt
Primary and secondary resources are free to download. Browse by learning area.
Modify learning intentions and select learning experiences to suit your students.
Road safety manuals, brochures and videos are available too.
Support for NCEA is here
Assessment resources for levels 1 and 2 are quality assured by NZQA. Road safety can engage young people and deepen their learning on the road to achievement standards.
Help with assessing external providers
Guidelines for assessing road safety education give schools key questions to use when evaluating initiatives against education outcomes.