Future Transport Competition 2017
Think like citizens of the future, today. Investigate challenges and opportunities. Imagine solutions and question systems. Share your ideas for the future of transport.
Latest resource: Career Profile Posters
Watch: Competition judge Karen Spencer outlines the competition categories and explains the judging criteria. Karen is Director of Education at Netsafe.
What you need to know
Who? New Zealand school students in Years 1–13
Team size: Three or more students
2. Playable game
What to do:
>Investigate challenges and opportunities in transport in New Zealand.
>Create solutions, raise questions or explore possibilities for the future.
>Turn your ideas into a playable game or narrative.
>Share your ideas in your school community, then enter online.
Deadline: Friday 30 June 2017, 5pm
What you can enter
Entries can take many forms. Just as long as you meet the judging criteria and can put it together in no more than two files or links.
Hint: we're looking for dynamic and engaging presentations with student voice.
Your main file could be a:
- written article, story or essay
- photo essay or photovoice project
- GIS mapping or geospatial data project
- poster or infographic
- statistical or scientific investigation
- digital presentation with student narration
- video up to 5 minutes long (animated, documentary, drama etc).
Your research document (optional 2nd file) may contain:
- further evidence of your investigation, project development or sharing of ideas.
Games could be:
- digital (desktop, browser, tablet or phone)
- board game, trading card game, simulation/drama game or physical activity.
Entries should have up to three files or links.
1. The game as a single file or link. Non-digital games can include a link to a video or photos of the game in action.
2. A research document which explains how you investigated your topic and evidence you shared the game in your school community.
3. Digital game entries will need to include a link to a video walk-through of the game (max 2 minutes).