- Scooter tips to share Safety presentations and articles about practical steps taken by schools are available. Read more.
- Latest newsletter: focus on rail Latest newsletter to schools out with today's Ed Gazette. Get the PDF version here for news of rail safety resources, virtual field trips.
- Student art supports safe travel Read how students in Masterton spent time thinking like an artist as they created a safe travel solution.
- Literacy and numeracy resources Support literacy, numeracy unit standards with curriculum resource about safe road use. Draws on the Road Code with big range of learning activities.
- Stats go hi tech in survey Statistics teachers can look at the data gathering methods used in the Household Travel Survey, including a smartphone trial. Read more.
Teachers and families will find resources and support on road and rail safety on this website created by the NZ Transport Agency.
Virtual field trips running in 2014
These trips support the teaching of big ideas like national identity, transport, community and citizenship and can deepen learning across the curriculum.
Visit the National Memorial Park tunnel in May and Auckland's Waterview tunnels in August.
Resource for Māori Medium classrooms
Kia Pai Tō Haere is a flexible curriculum resource in te reo that provides guidance for teachers planning contextualised learning based on a kaupapa that keeping whānau safe on a journey is everyone’s work.
More secondary resources online
Quality assured NCEA assessment resources now include English Level 1/AS 90052, plus many more.
Latest from Twitter
- NZTA Education
RT @FEETFIRST_WA: American Journal of Health Promotion finds that Safe Routes to School increases active school travel http://t.co/82pcats4…NZTA Education
3 events coming up in Road Safety Week for secondary school staff, students, parents and caregivers https://t.co/VM6O8zbT0xNZTA Education