- Quick-fire case studies Read how secondary teachers are adding meaningful contexts to subject content across the curriculum.
- March 24: start of Memorial Park virtual trip Teachers can still sign up for this final Learnz trip to Pukeahu National War Memorial Park. Read more.
- Memorial Park history by the numbers Figures reveal the story behind New Zealand’s new war memorial. Read more about the virtual field trip starting March 24.
- Learning comes alive on virtual trips Teachers report high student engagement during live audioconferences with experts. Memorial Park 4 starts on March 24.
- Virtual trip supports history learning Pukeahu National War Memorial Park, from March 24. Read about student outcomes from previous field trips.
Teachers and families will find resources and support on road and rail safety on this website created by the NZ Transport Agency.
NCEA assessment resources, quality assured by the NZQA
Teachers can freely download NCEA resources.
The NZ Qualifications Authority has certified all of these as Quality Assured Assessment Materials.
Digital technologies, drama, English, health and PE, media studies, physics, and visual arts are included.
Primary curriculum resources by Pam Hook
Year 1-8 students as citizens and knowledge producers. Flexible English, maths and science resources let learners seek community-based solutions towards safer journeys in their community.
Download popular school resources
Leaflets for families and whanau. Help children learn to stay safe cycling, walking, taking the bus and near railways.
Hike it Bike it Scoot it Skate it (PDF leaflets)
Order form (to request hard copy leaflets)
Scooter safety tips Powerpoint and SlideShare hints and tips ready to use in the classroom.
Walking school bus resources A coordinators guide for setting up a scheme at school, plus template forms.
School Traffic Safety Team Manual The manual for schools, with information about operations, equipment and training.
Share Te reo Māori picture books
Tamariki in kura kaupapa Māori and rumaki reo created their own story books about road safety. View these online.
Latest from Twitter
Creative &critical learning:Aotea College yr 9 students studied roadsafety ad campaigns,then wrote persuasive letters http://t.co/l8QdfJAULtNZTA Education
- NZTA Education
RT @akoonaenae: Lefty Loosey Righty Tighty! http://t.co/aV6Aplf9tJNZTA Education