- Memorial Park history by the numbers Figures reveal the story behind New Zealand’s new war memorial. Read more about the virtual field trip starting March 24.
- Learning comes alive on virtual trips Teachers report high student engagement during live audioconferences with experts. Memorial Park 4 starts on March 24.
- Virtual trip supports history learning Pukeahu National War Memorial Park, from March 24. Read about student outcomes from previous field trips.
- Make your school Bike Wise Find out how to run safety checks and other cycle activities in your school. February is Bike Wise Month.
- War Memorial virtual trip in March Read how students can collaborate during the March 24-26 trip to Pukeahu National War Memorial Park.
Teachers and families will find resources and support on road and rail safety on this website created by the NZ Transport Agency.
Anzac centenary: Join final virtual field trip to Pukeahu National War Memorial Park
Students will get an early look at the new park in Wellington, the main site for commemorating the First World War.
Primary curriculum resources by Pam Hook
Year 1-8 students as citizens and knowledge producers. Flexible English, maths and science resources let learners seek community-based solutions towards safer journeys in their community.
Download popular school resources
Leaflets for families and whanau. Help children learn to stay safe cycling, walking, taking the bus and near railways.
Hike it Bike it Scoot it Skate it (PDF leaflets)
Order form (to request hard copy leaflets)
Scooter safety tips Powerpoint and SlideShare hints and tips ready to use in the classroom.
Walking school bus resources A coordinators guide for setting up a scheme at school, plus template forms.
School Traffic Safety Team Manual The manual for schools, with information about operations, equipment and training.
Share Te reo Māori picture books
Tamariki in kura kaupapa Māori and rumaki reo created their own story books about road safety. View these online.
Latest from Twitter
RT @willowbanknz: Last week at wheels day we noticed quite a few children whose helmets were too loose or not sitting correctly.... http://…NZTA Education
- NZTA Education
Examples of student projects about staying safe in vehicles. http://t.co/TmgIgVrmexNZTA Education